Pages

Sunday, March 8

sunday lunch x

sunday lunch was always my favourite meal of the week.....a time to sit down with the whole family, oh, and there was roast potatoes and pudding, proper puddings, like fruit pies & crumbles, lemon meringues & cheesecake....i think i was about 12 or 13 when i started making the puddings for my mum, and even now i enjoy cake & pudding baking

i've just had a lovely sunday lunch with my mum & dad, a chance for a lovely chat & catch up on our weeks news
pudding didn't look quite like this, but i couldn't resist posting this from the lovely cannelle et vanille blog, which is just scrumptious! this is going on the menu for next sunday......x




pistachio crumble
100g unsalted butter
100g sugar
100g flour
125g pistachios (chopped)
pinch of salt
make pistachio crumble by mixing all ingrediants with electric mixer
place on a cookie sheet or in an airtight container & refrigerate overnight
fruit filling
x2 peaches (peeled & diced)
50g redcurrants
50g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
10g sugar
1/4tsp nutmeg
10g flour
combine all fruit filling ingrediants in a bowl
divide amongst ramekin dishes
top with pistachio crumble
bake at 350 for approximately 20 mins, or until filling starts to bubble
mascarpone cream
60g organice double cream
60g mascarpone cream
15g sugar
pinch of mace
whip all ingrediants together until they form soft peaks
top the crumbles with the cream
how beautiful do they look..........hope your sunday is being spent just as you wanted to x

4 comments:

  1. ooh, this looks so good! I am going straight into my kitchen to make it now! (nut no redcurrents, so going to use strawberries)... anyway, thanks for the recipe! I've just found your blog, I think it's lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm looks yummy - I only had 0% greek yoghurt with lemon curd for pudding tonight...hope you have a better week at work x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh this looks divine!! yum yum

    ReplyDelete

hello.....
thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your thoughts on my thoughts so please scribble your comments here
take care, sharon x