Pages

Friday, March 27

fashion friday *john galliano* x

welcome to my first fashion friday, a chance for me to share the loveliest things from some of the most talented people....

there was no question of who i would choose to feature first, my absolute idol, may i introduce the wonderful john galliano....

he was born in gibraltar, raised in london, graduated from st.martins in 1984, his graduate collection "lesincroyables" was put into the windows at browns by owner joan burstein, he moved to paris in the early 90's, became designer in cheif at givenchy in 1995, moved to dior in 1997, and has stayed there creating the most delicious, fairytale like collections ever since....

looking through all the seasons of collection, one that stands out for me is the couture collection for dior for spring 2007. inspired "by pinkerton's affair with cio-cio san, madame butterfly" it is the most amazing mix of obi's and kimono's mixed with dior's "new look" style full skirts, and galliano's signature gowns, with their miraculous origami folding and sculptured forms....
.....enjoy.....

wishing you a fashionable friday

xx

4 comments:

  1. I love that crazy pirate of a man. He is the only one out there that creates the most fanciful frocks that are truly works of art. I love looking at his layered dresses with all the folds. that red dress you posted is fine! Love your blog. I just found you through Olive Rue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sharon! You are one of my giveaway winners! You won the three custom brooches! Email at sophieisobeldesigns@hotmail.com and let me know what you would like me to create!
    Thanks so much for your support!
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh I love the pink and green and whit number ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been a big Galliano fan but these gowns are pretty great.

    ReplyDelete

hello.....
thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love reading your thoughts on my thoughts so please scribble your comments here
take care, sharon x